We provide Marine Warranty Surveys for a wide variety of offshore oil and gas projects, using our extensive experience to help mitigate risks for our clients.
Our experienced team of Master Mariners, Naval Architects and Marine Engineers has considerable experience in all offshore operations.
The team has more than 100 accumulative years of experience and more than 500 rigmoves performed successfully.
The team specialises in the worldwide relocation of all types of jack-up and semi-submersible drilling units, including subsea infrastructures, deep and shallow waters, rack phase differences (RPD) and excessive spud can loading.
- Preparation of Mooring Analysis for client review and approval
- Location Approval review during initial planning and preparation (jack-up drilling units)
- Participation in/chair preparation and client review of the rig move-specific HIRA prior to approval and issue
- Development, review and approval of the site-specific Rig Move Procedure
- Participation in Rig Move Procedure presentation at Rig Move Meetings onshore
- Provision of Tow Masters and Marine Representatives to conduct the Rig Move
- Marine and Technical Audits and/or Inspections of support vessels
- Participation in offshore Rig Move Meeting
- Provision of detailed Rig Move Reports on completion of rig move
- Project Review in conjunction with the client at project completion
Marine Warranty Survey
Survey Association Ltd has adopted the SOW and COP outlined by the Joint Rig Committee – representing the interests of insures writing offshore energy risks.
The team has more than 200 accumulative years of experience and more than 200 moves concluded successfully.
Scope of Work include:
- Review and approval of intended rig locations and rig move procedures – both semi-subs and jack-ups
- Engineering review of technical documentation e.g. mooring analysis, leg penetration analysis (LPA), SSA, sea-fastening, leg bending and cribbing for dry transports
- MWS site attendance for rig moves – in accordance with JRC guidelines
- MWS suitability inspections and approval of supporting vessels
- Approval of 3rd party or in-house tow masters
DP FMEA & Audit
The team assist our Clients in operating and validating their DP systems, identifying the critical activity mode or verifying the worst case failure through DP FMEA, independent technical reviews, to enhance safe DP operations.
As independent consultants, we are able to provide unbiased expert advice, ensuring the best outcome for the vessel owners and DP operators.
Our services encompass all aspects of the DP system, from initial design consulting, procedures and documentation, proving trials, audits, incident investigation, life extension studies, maintenance and management.
- DP Technical Consulting
- DP Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- FME(C)A Proving Trials and DP Annual Trials
- DP Assurance
- DP Capability Analysis
- DP incident investigations
Survey Association have a number of OVID inspectors who are accredited by the Oil Companies International Forum (OCIMF) to perform OVID Inspections. Offshore Vessel Inspection Database (OVID) is an inspection protocol that will allow project and marine assurance teams to assess the safety and environment performance of a vessel and its operators in a more effective and uniform manner.
We also offer service for pre-OVID inspections of the offshore vessels before their employment for end-user.
OVID may be scaled to include other inspection/audit types; inclusion of these will be subject to the oil company's needs. Inspections are tailored to the operations that the commissioning company is interested in.